EVERY SUNDAY I 9am + 11 AM I 1301 OSOS ST
what do we believe?
Trinity is a Christian church in the mainstream of historic orthodoxy. But we speak Christianity with a Presbyterian accent. We are organized and governed by Presbyterian principles and our leaders embrace the commitments of our denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America. However we welcome members who embrace the core of the Christian gospel.
- We believe in one God in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — who are equal in divinity, power, and glory and have existed from eternity in a relationship of perfect love.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, truthful and trustworthy in all that it intends to communicate.
- We believe that God created the world very good, and made men and women in his image with the responsibility to cultivate and develop his good creation.
- We believe that men and women rebelled against God, violating his design for life, rupturing the relationships between God, people, and the world, and bringing guilt and brokenness to the world. These are beyond our ability to repair. We need a savior.
- We believe that God resolved to redeem his world and his people, and sent his Son Jesus to atone for our guilt and restore creation. Through his life, death, resurrection, and ascension he bore the penalty for our guilt and broke the power of sin in this world. He offers complete redemption of body, soul, and spirit to every person who puts their trust in him.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will come again bodily to fully restore creation, usher in the just and merciful Kingdom of God, and gather people from every tongue, tribe, and nation to live in his peace forever.
- We believe this good news (the gospel) transforms the hearts and lives of individuals, creates loving community, and empowers us to serve in love.
what is our worship like?
Our worship is organized around a historic liturgy that by its very form re-presents the gospel of grace and mercy. Scripture, prayer, music, confession, sermons, sacraments, and professions of faith point us toward our need for a savior and remind us of God’s rich provision in Christ. Every service is an attempt to declare that life with God, through faith in Christ, in the power of the Spirit, is our and our neighbors’ highest good. Each service lasts approximately 75-90 minutes.
You can get a good idea of our worship style and gospel passions by checking out our past sermons by clicking here.
Our music is somewhat eclectic, drawing from historic hymns and contemporary songs that are rich with gospel content and which engage worshippers in a wide range of emotional responses to the gospel (such as joy, awe, reverence, celebration, anticipation, lament, meditative contemplation, and confession). Our style is acoustic folk, but we are always working to expand our musical repertoire with music that comforts us, challenges us, and leads us closer to communion with, dependance on, and hope in Jesus.
what should I wear?
Wear whatever you want! Our liturgy is moderately formal but our style is very casual. Come as you are.
Where do my children go?
Where do my children go?
At Trinity we love kids and welcome all ages in all parts of our service. We also offer the following children's programs:
- Newborn - 3 years - Nursery available during all of both services
- 4-5 year olds - Sunday School during the sermon in both services
- 1st - 2nd Grades - Sunday School during the sermon in both services
- 3rd - 5th Grades - Sunday School on the 1st and 3rd Sundays, during the 11:00 service